Week One: How We Are Set Free
- What does freedom mean to you?
- What is something God has set you free from?
- Read Romans 6:1-7. How would you describe your “old self”? What were some practical implications of being “ruled by sin”?
- The effects of sin aren’t just behavioral. Sin also shows up in broken thought patterns and beliefs. Take a moment to look at this table of Common Core Beliefs. Which ones resonate?
- How do your core beliefs drive your hurt and dysfunction? What are some truths you could claim to counter your negative core beliefs?
Week Two: Why We Are Set Free
- Read Romans 6:8-11. Paul encourages followers of Christ to count themselves dead to sin. In what sense are we “dead to sin” when we put our faith in Jesus?
- In what sense is dying to sin an ongoing, lifelong process?
- Read Romans 6:12-16. We have a choice in how we live this life. Our choices will be marked by what we give ourselves to. Describe a time when you gave yourself to the wrong thing.
- How has God brought you out of bondage to a particular sin in your life?
- What are the blessings of a life lived in alignment with God? How have you experienced a more beautiful story as a result of giving your life to Christ?
Join the discussion by visiting discovergrace.com/visit to find a local Grace Campus, worship online, or take your next step toward finding community.